Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Battle Wounds.

Well, I guess I know for sure now that I should listen to the warning labels on my medication bottles. I had taken the benadryl/compazine/DHE combo and about two hours later I was really dying for something sweet so I decided to hop in the car and run to the McDonalds drive thru for a McFlurry. It seemed like a relatively good idea at the time since it's in the neighborhood and only a few blocks away, and I wasn't feeling drowsy or loopy AT ALL (otherwise I wouldn't have gotten behind the wheel) but my side view mirror now bares a battle wound from smacking into the drive thru window.

It could be that my medication had absolutely nothing to do with this and I just wasn't paying good enough attention to how close I had gotten to the window, however, I have gone through this same drive through many times for coffee and have managed to never actually hit anything so I'm going to go with maybe this was some sort of divine intervention trying to give me a heads up or a warning about driving when I'm not supposed to be. Thank god it was just my mirror and not an actual person. The bottle of compazine does have a warning label on operating heavy machinery so I guess it's there for a reason. Absolutely no more driving if I have any of that in my system. I just feel bad that my car now has a scratch because of my own stupidity, but at least I had already decided to keep it at lease end otherwise it may have ended up costing me a bunch of money to fix when handing back the car.

Lesson learned, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment