Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beware, A Big Headache Is Coming

I just saw this article from the Wall Street Journal (article) and I thought it was extremely interesting, it talks about the medical world now trying to catch migraine before they start and how 30% of migraineurs have signs that an attack is coming. I wish that I was part of that 30%, this way I would be able to medicate sooner but usually I don't have any signs until the pain starts. The one thing I have been able to tell though is even if the pain is only mild I can sometimes tell if it's going to end up being a severe migraine in just the beginning stages but that's not every time.

The article also talks about keeping a log and I think I have mentioned on here that I have started one since I was discharged from the hospital on Friday but so far I have not been able to make any sense of it. I know it hasn't even been a week yet but nothing is the same except that my migraines seem to start in the afternoon but have been starting earlier and earlier as the week has gone on. I think the horrible, thobbing migraine I had Monday and Tuesday may have been started by blasting my music in the car too loud and screaming along but I didn't do that on Saturday or Sunday so what happened those days? This log thing is already frustrating me.

Anyway, I liked the article.. I'll just finish with that.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the journal. Sooner or later, it will help reveal the real triggers in your life. Make sure to list all foods eaten, the weather and any other thing that seems different. I pray that you find something to provide relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Identifying triggers has been very helpful for me! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete