Monday, June 13, 2011

Migraine Anxiety.

When I joined the National Headache Foundation I was automatically signed up for a subscription to HeadWise magazine which I just got in the mail the other day. It's actually pretty cool to read something soley devoted to something that's so important to me and there's a lot of new, interesting information inside. I definitely think it was worth the $20 that I paid to join the NHF. I also 'liked' them on Facebook so their new articles show up in my news feed all the time. The other day they posted on article on 'How to Manage Headache and Migraine Anxiety' which can be found here: http://headwise-qa.venturality.com/Articles/Lifestyle/How-to-Manage-Headache-and-Migraine-Anxiety-1

I thought the article itself was pretty interesting because I hadn't thought about how much the anxiety of not knowing when the next migraine will hit was affecting me, but as for the actual advice.. I'm not so sure the steps listed would help me but maybe someone else out there will find some solace. I think mainly I need to learn not to focus so much on them, and to stop making decisions based on if I may or may not be in pain.

1 comment:

  1. A great link. Managing the anxiety is such a crucial part of managing the pain. Wishing you a moment of pain free ease today, and I look forward to reading your posts. Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete